King William County Department of Social Services will reopen to the public on Monday, May 3, 2021 at 8:30 a.m. Those entering the building must wear face coverings and socially distance inside the building. Staff will also be accommodating citizens at their vehicles to reduce the amount of occupants in the building. If you would like a DSS staff member to come out to your vehicle, please call (804) 769-4905.
The King William County Department of Social Services is committed to helping local citizens improve their lives and confidently meet the challenges of the future by promoting self-reliance through community-based services. Our goal is to:
- Create and maintain an environment that fosters self-reliance
- Create and maintain a safe living environment for all citizens of the County
- Be responsible stewards of the taxpayers funds
The Department provides assistance through a number of programs including:
- Child Day Care Services
- Emergency Assistance and General Relief
- Family Access to Medical Insurance Security (FAMIS)
- Medicaid and Auxiliary Grants
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance program (SNAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Virginia Initiative for Employment not Welfare (VIEW)
Social Services also assists with:
- Adoption Services
- Adult Protective Services
- Adult Services
- Child Protective Services
- Foster Care
Programs are available to all eligible persons regardless of:
- National Origin
- Political Beliefs
Further information regarding programs and services can be found on the websites for the Virginia Department of Social Services and the Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services (Medicaid).
Our commitment is strengthening families and connecting our community to meet the needs of our most vulnerable citizens.