A comprehensive plan is a statement of long-range policies made by the governing body of a community concerning its future physical development. Comprehensive planning is one process available to local government for addressing current issues, anticipating needs, and scheduling public improvements.
It is the purpose of the King William County Comprehensive Plan (PDF) to provide a sound basis for the preparation of detailed functional plans which will serve as a general guide in the day-to-day decisions of County government. It establishes goals and implementation strategies for managing the future growth and development of the County.
This plan was prepared by the Planning Commission with the assistance of the County planning staff and consultants. It was adopted by the Board of Supervisors on November 21, 2016. The County will begin development of an updated comprehensive plan during Summer 2020.
Table of Contents
- Comprehensive Plan Cover
- Table of Contents
- List of Exhibits
- Executive Summary
- Chapter I - Introduction
- Chapter II - Natural Conditions
- Chapter III - Population
- Chapter IV - Economy
- Chapter V - Housing
- Chapter VI - Community Assets and Facilities
- Chapter VII - Growth Management
- Exhibit VI-B - Historical Sites
- Exhibit VI-C - Utility Service Area
- Exhibit VII-A - Existing Land Use
- Exhibit VII-B - Future Land Use
- Chapter VIII - Issues, Goals, and Implementation Strategies
- Workshops and Meetings
- Sources Consulted