- Concealed Handgun Permit
Concealed Handgun Permit
- 21 years of age or older
First Time Applicants:
- Applicants submit the Application for Concealed Handgun Permit SP-248 in person to the Clerk of the Circuit Court in the County or City in which they reside. Note: Members of the United States Armed Forces apply in the county or city of domicile.
- Bring one valid form of photo identification issued by a governmental agency of the Commonwealth, by the U.S. Department of Defense or the U.S. State Department (passport) when submitting the application.
- Also bring proof of handgun competency, as required by the Code of Virginia.
- Payment of the $15 Application fee is due at the time of application submission. We accept cash, check, money order, or debit card. Payments in the form of check or money order should be made payable to King William County Circuit Court. This is a nonrefundable application fee.
Process for Renewals:
- Persons who have previously held a concealed handgun permit submit the Application for Concealed Handgun Permit SP-248 by mail or in person to the clerk of the circuit court in the county or city of residence.
- If the application is sent by mail, it must be accompanied by a photocopy of the applicant’s valid photo identification (Virginia Code Section 18.2-308.010) and a photocopy of the existing or expired permit.
- $15 Renewal application fee - If you wish to mail your application, we accept check or money order. If you wish to apply in person, we accept cash, check, money order, or debit card. Payments in the form of check or money order should be made payable to King William County Circuit Court.
Military personnel must attach a copy of their discharge or active duty enrollment.
Law Enforcement agency personnel must attach a departmental letter.